Poetry by Madi

This blog will be a collection of all the poems Mom and I wrote for Angel Sammy and Teddy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday. You two Gingers have inspired us.

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Thoroughly Poetic Pictorial Thursday #31


Today we join Two  SPOILED CAT 
Angel Sammy and Teddy for their poetic pictorial poem.



Here is today's photo prompt


State Fair 
this is a true story

Every October the State Fair comes to town 
As a child, my excitement was hard to keep down
Ferris wheels, roller coasters and giant slides
Even a bearded lady was said to reside.
Food galore was everywhere
Hot dogs, cotton candy, and popcorn and so much more.
When you are five,
mixing, cotton candy and hot dogs is not advised
Within minutes my fun took a dive
Off to the first aid station they did drive
I broke out in the worst case of hives  
but thankfully I am still alive.

***************
Note: 
Since I had eaten many hot dogs in my five years, it was quickly determined
I was allergic to cotton candy or possible the dye in it.


Today's photo prompt
reminded me so much of a picture I have on our office wall. 
It was taken in ~1988 by one of my favorite Chemistry graduate students from France.
It was his first trip to the N. C. State Fair. This was way way before digital cameras.
All the pictures he took were with slides easy to travel with and develop.
When he showed me the photos he took, 
I loved the slide so much he turned it into a photo for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment