Poetry by Madi

This blog will be a collection of all the poems Mom and I wrote for Angel Sammy and Teddy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday. You two Gingers have inspired us.

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Thoroughly Poetic and Thankful Thursday #138

    Poetic Thursday hosted by our pals Teddy and Angel Sammy 

The work on my desk is done.

I was ready to take a much needed rest.

I left a note, on vacation

I cannot be reached

at this undisclosed location.

Upon my return, what I saw on my desk

caused me great distress.




I am thankful to report that we both had our flu (September 26) and
Moderna Covid (September 28) vaccines.  This was our first time getting the Moderna vaccine. I realized this year's Covid vaccines have new ingredients to combat the new variants and everyone is effected differently by all injections.

Moderna injection was painless...about 10 pm on the 28th we both had very sore arms.  My arm was itching.  On Friday 29th both of us awoke quite tired we rested all day. During the day Friday, I noticed a dime size rash where my injection was given. By evening it was about the size of a half dollar.   My husband did not have a rash. Saturday I went by the pharmacy to ask the pharmacist about it.  She told me 1 in 6 people will have reactions to any and all injections.  Rash can list 24 hours to possibly a week.
Thus far my son-in-law and my sister-in-law are also in the Elite 1% Club. 
By Saturday evening we were both about 99% normal.
I had a delightful Moderna induced dream too: 

"There was a hole on the bedroom wall close to the ceiling. Each time I looked at the hole, an adorable monkey🐒 with a very sweet face would peep out at me".  
All is well that ends well.  We got a great giggle out of it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment