Poetry by Madi

This blog will be a collection of all the poems Mom and I wrote for Angel Sammy and Teddy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday. You two Gingers have inspired us.

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Kitten: February 23 2017

Kitten
When I was a kitten, I had a sister with white mittens. 
We shared a cage at the adoption center.
She was mostly Tortie, I was not
I'm told we played and romped and could be quite
sinister. 
We had no names and no homes.  
We were labeled Kitten L and Kitten M.
Then one day in the middle of May
along came three big people.
They ooooohed and ahhhhed and
discussed our furs and our cuteness.
Later we learned these big people had names and homes
that they wanted to share with two kittens.
As quick as greased lightning we two kittens
got names and homes.
Lots of papers were signed on the dotted lines.
That day in May we became Lucy and Madi
I went home with Mom and Dad!
Lucy went home Mr.G


No comments:

Post a Comment