Poetry by Madi

This blog will be a collection of all the poems Mom and I wrote for Angel Sammy and Teddy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday. You two Gingers have inspired us.

Friday, April 27, 2018

Happy Birthday to Dad 2018

We are using 
The Snow Dogs of Lost Lake, by Dorothy Bodoin.****
**** Molly my AireDale gal pal and her mom have been sharing this most wonderful series of books by Ms. Bodoin with us for several months.

line 8
I glanced at my own house, no multicolored lights 

line 12
 I'd do some more decorating
line 16
my friend and neighbor.

This month we're trying a poem in honor of my sweet husband's birthday. 



Today is a special day you see
It is the birthday of the hubby of me.
As I took a walk down the drive way,
I was deep in thought about this day
I glanced at my own house, to surprise him
no multicolored lights would be on display.  
 I'd do some more decorating,
it would be simple and fresh just like Spring.
My friend and neighbor, is quite clever.  
Give her a theme or a favorite color
She will plan an event like no other.
While this may be true dear hubby of me,
I know your ideal birthday theme is low key
filled with Ice Cream (cake) sunshine,
no rain so you can ride the train.
Happy Happy Bday from me and your bonsai bunny Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment