Poetry by Madi

This blog will be a collection of all the poems Mom and I wrote for Angel Sammy and Teddy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday. You two Gingers have inspired us.

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Thoroughly Poetic Pictorial Thursday #37

Today we join Two  SPOILED CAT 
Angel Sammy and Teddy for their poetic pictorial poem.


Here is today's photo prompt
We thank Mom Pam for all the effort she puts into finding 
these lovely photos for us.
Oh this is gonna be a good one!
Mom is a child of the '60's

Violet de VW Flower Child 
Bright colors delight and adorn every space.
Flowers galore sprout happily on her hood.
A frontal inspection reveals a face.
It beckons and bids us all a good day.
The places she has traveled are a mystery
She speaks to my imagination 
Yes indeed I'm California Dreamin' 
with a flower in my hair and singin'
with the Mamas and Papas of days gone by
in my mind's eye.

Side note from Mom:

I coulda been a Flower Child....lol
A few months after I started dating my future husband,
we were both offered jobs in San Francisco. Neither of us
knew about the other's job offer until many months later.


No comments:

Post a Comment